We have already presented the 12 principles of agile working in a blog post, the blog post can be found here.
But these principles can be complemented by three more:
1. resist formalities
2. act as a team
- resist formalities
You should always ask yourself first if there isn’t an easier way to get what you need. The team should concentrate all the time on productive work and avoid unnecessary tasks.
Discussions are open when working agile and only the most necessary information should be documented to keep the documentation effort as low as possible.
To make this feasible, the following strategies can be used:
- Reduce hierarchies, for example by dispensing with titles for the team members
- Avoid detailed minutes of meetings and keep presentations rather simple
2. act as a team
Each member should make sure that the team as a whole can be most productive. In an agile environment, the team should be aware of its goals and work independently.
- To improve product quality, the following should be developed in pairs
- Introduce uniform designations as product developers and clarify all tasks in this area
- Reporting at project team level
- Replace individual performance metrics with key performance indicators
Whether through simple diagrams or with the help of a computer, content should be visualized. Because content is easier to understand through pictures or diagrams.
Even if it is only a quick sketch, it is an efficient communication tool and helps to create a common understanding.
Visualization includes the following:
- Providing pens and paper in the working environment
- Use diagrams or models instead of text
- Also display the project status in the form of diagrams or graphics