In recent years, the profession of Content Marketing Manager has become increasingly well-known. Because digital marketing is always evolving, the need for content marketing managers is also growing. But what exactly is a content marketing manager and why do you need one?
What is Content Marketing?
Let’s start with the question: What is content marketing anyway?
Content marketing is an area of digital marketing. It allows companies to get in touch with the target group without actively selling the product or service. The point is to offer added value to the users. This can happen through various media, such as blog posts, social media, email marketing, or videos. The goal is to get users to interact with the content. Therefore, the content should be filled with relevant and appealing information.
What is a Content Marketing Manager?
The Content Marketing Manager is responsible for managing the content marketing activity of a company. He is responsible for the content marketing strategy and supports the planning. He is also responsible for the creation, editing, and optimization of the content. In addition to the Content Marketing Manager, there is also the Online Marketing Manager and the Performance Marketing Manager.
As a content marketer, you may work with a team of writers and freelancers. Nevertheless, the tasks also include writing about certain topics yourself. For example, written content would include a blog, email newsletters, or even posts for social media.
For you to write good content, they would need to know their target audience and their needs and be able to write high-quality and informative posts.
Tasks include the following:
- Research of current trends
- Keyword research and incorporation into the texts
- Social media posts that are tailored to the target group
- Gathering information about the target groups
- Dealing with tools that help with writing and analysis, such as ahrefs
Content creation for social media is also part of the job. As with the other forms, the posts are tailored to the target group. Posts can then be made on all platforms relevant to you, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Xing,…
- Choosing the right platforms for the target group
- Create content
- Adding content to platforms
- Interact with the community
- Increase reach and brand awareness
Videos are becoming increasingly important. Applications like YouTube can be used to create even more brand awareness. That’s why this is already part of many marketing strategies. The videos can also be embedded in the e.g. blogposts or shared on other social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram. Included in the videos can be tutorials, discussions on various topics, or a popular blog post.
They can then share the topics that are relevant to their brand across various channels.
- Developing a strategy for the videos and incorporating them into the marketing strategy.
- Creating the content for the videos and streaming them across multiple channels
- Collaborating with other team members
As described above, as a Content Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving the development and implementation of the content strategy and adhering to goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of social media platforms
- Competitor Research
- Content creation, research, and planning
- Creation of various content such as e-books, whitepapers, infographics, blog posts,…
- Collaborating with other team members from marketing
Qualifications you need to be a Content Manager:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education
- Experience in the content creation field and knowledge of blogs, social media, etc.
- Knowledge of how to develop social media strategies, for example
- Passion for social media and digital communication
- High level of creativity, commitment, and sense of responsibility
- Good time management skills
Content Marketing Manager salary
According to glassdoor.de, the average salary for Content Marketing Manager is €48,042 per year. However, this can vary depending on location and company size.